Tuesday, April 28, 2009

RIP jade tree (advice needed for future)?

I killed my beautiful little jade tree. I kept it indoors in my uber sunny apartment (below the skylight). It's now dead. The branches started getting wrinkly and pale before it died. Did I overwater? I still have a baby jade tree that's on its way out, but could be saved! Thanks!

RIP jade tree (advice needed for future)?
OK, several links below to sites that will tell you different things about jade trees. Just browse around, find things out, see what you can learn to get things back on track. One thing I can tell you -- if you take ANY leaf from a jade plant, just lay it on top of the soil, water it once in a while and keep the soil moderately damp -- it will root and make a jade tree!! Check it out -- those things just LOVE to make babies!! So just make more and have at it! Good luck.
Reply:Wish you lived near me. I filled my dumpster with jade plants yesterday and i have about another hundred or more to dig out and trash yet today. dang things grow like weeds in san diego... even with out water from april to october. My neighbor and I use a machete to control along our driveway and every few years we dig out clumps of them. they do great without any water for 6 months out of the year. take that as a hint on how to care for your baby. (drive out to san diego, i'll give you tons of the weeds)


No comments:

Post a Comment